American Exchange is seeking an experienced Medical Biller with at least 2-3 years experience. Must have outpatient (physician or facility) or inpatient experience, as both positions are available. Credentialing experience is a plus! This position is in our Chattanooga, TN office and will be full time.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assign appropriate modifiers
- Review, modify as necessary, and bill claims in “queue”
- Correct Electronic Claim Transmission reports as necessary
- Review and/or determine the appropriate primary source of payment as necessary
- Determine the Level of Service to be billed, based on supporting documentation
- Assign proper condition codes/ICD-10 codes/procedure codes into the Accounts Receivable Billing System
- Answer billing phone line, monitor voicemail and assist staff and patients with questions
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and suggest system improvements related to Practice Management system and clearinghouse software.
- Review and update CPT & ICD-10 codes and encounter forms as needed
- Maintains currency in effective billing and collection processes and procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all third party insurance, Medicaid, Private Pay, including special programs.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate submission of insurance/Medicaid for completed patient services. May submit electronically, by paper or other external third party systems.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulations and laws related to the insurance industry.
- Maintain insurance manuals and update and notify patient accounting office staff of any changes in any insurers’ rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate HIPAA compliance and patient rights’ while providing outstanding customer service in person, by mail or on the phone.
- Assists in delinquent account review
- And various other duties or tasks as assigned and/or needed
- Must be well versed in daily operations as it pertains to the medical billing industry and operational strategies.
- Reading skills to comprehend correspondence and materials specific to the healthcare industry. Often this material includes medical terminology, memos, manuals, and other documents.
- Writing skills to compose complex correspondence or reports with minimal direction provided.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to give directives and provide information in a professional manner.
- Often handles financial material requiring significant discretion. Must demonstrate ability to maintain security and confidentiality with utmost discretion.
- Must be able to deliver professional correspondence in a timely and efficient manner.
- Computer literate with extensive experience in the operation of personal computers and Management Information Software including programs such as data base management, word processing and spreadsheets, and Practice Management Systems.
- Self-motivated, well organized, capable of working closely with others.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice. While this position usually required working weekdays, must be able to work flexible hours if needed.
- Medical Billing or related field preferred with 2-3 years experience or any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Salary and Benefits
A competitive compensation package will be offered, including medical and dental coverage, PTO, sick leave and paid holidays. Salary will be based on experience. Commission will be paid on a percentage of billing revenue brought to American Exchange. American Exchange’s leadership is focused on growing it’s team and growing the business and has developed the mindset that growth cannot be performed without proper incentives.
Job Type: Full-time
- Outpatient Medical Coding: 3 years
- Inpatient Charge Posting & Payment Entry: 3 years
- Downtown Chattanooga, TN
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
Send resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com